Not sure where to start when it comes to cooking Indian food? Like any great cuisine, there is an art and science to Indian cooking.
In this introductory class, students will learn the fundamentals of Indian cuisine, hands-on.
The basics include:
1) homemade Paneer (Indian farmers/cottage cheese) - we will then prepare a delicious Mutter Paneer (green peas & cheese curry) dish from the homemade cheese
2) Indian flatbread known as Roti or Chappati
3) a savory Mint/Cilantro Chutney (relish)
4) long grain Basmati rice flavored with cumin
5) a simple heart-warming Moongi Dal (yellow split lentil soup)
6) a cooling Raita (vegetable yogurt condiment)
7) a hot cup of Masala (spiced) Chai Tea
Students will also learn about Indian spices in the process!
Duration: 3 - 3.5 hours
Cost: $150 per person