Chickpeas, beans, and lentils & rice are the ingredients of every Indian dish. Lentils (Dal) are a daily stable. They are also inexpensive and packed with protein, and form a complete protein with rice!
This class offers a fun-filled hands-on experience with various kinds of traditional lentils including the following:
- Moongi Dal (yellow moong lentils with fried onions and rasam soup spice blend)
- Masoor Dal (orange/red lentils with onions, tomatoes, garlic, and spices)
- Urad and Channa Dal (a combo of black whole & garbanzo bean/chickpea lentils with ginger, garlic, tomatoes, and onions)
- Dal Makhani (buttery and creamy lentils and kidney beans)
- Channa Dal with Opo squash and spices
All dishes will be sampled with plain basmati rice.
Note: Some lentil recipes will be prepared in a Pressure Cooker.
Cost: $125 per person
Duration: 2.5-3 hours